Tuesday, July 04, 2006

I fell in love with Vegan With a Vengeance

Fresh mango summer rolls (with Thai dipping sauce)

If you have never heard of Vegan With a Vengeance, you are missing out big time. I first heard about this cookbook from reading other peoples vegan food blogs so I had to see what all the fuss was about. Needless to say, I ended up post-it noting most of the recipes in the book after my first read. This was the first recipe I tried but definitely expect more soon.

These rice paper wrappers contain mango, cilantro, rice noodles (I used whole grain ones), roasted peanuts, and the recipe says to use bean sprouts or seedless cucumber and I went with the seedless cucumber for the crunch. The rolling and handling of the rice paper wrappers was a little tricky to get the hang of, but after some practice it was a snap. There is almost no cooking needed (besides cooking the noodles for 10 minutes). It is an amazingly refreshing main course or side dish with the perfectly spicy Thai dipping sauce.


(New lime green cutting board from Crate and Barrel)

No comments: