Saturday, July 15, 2006

¡Tortillas muy bueno!

Whole wheat tortillas from scratch

I was really in the mode for some tortillas but we did not have any pre-made kinds. I went online searching for a recipe and found a few good ones. I used the recipes to make my own recipe for crispy tortillas.

Crispy whole wheat tortillas

1/2 + 1/8 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 t. baking powder
1/4 t. of salt
1/4 cup of warm water (120 degrees)

Mix dry ingredients well and add water. Gather into a ball and knead untill the ingredients are completly mixed (3 minutes). For perfect circles, roll out dough with a rolling pin and use a small bowl to cut out the shapes. Have an oiled pan ready (cast iron is best), and pan fry tortillas one at a time on medium high heat. Three minutes on each side is good. Add your favorite veggies and sides and enjoy! (Makes 4 small tortillas)












































I added avocados, peppers, and salsa to my toritillas.

1 comment:

Universal City Home Staging said...

I really enjoyed your blog thanks for sharing