Thursday, July 06, 2006

Cast iron pan to take over the kitchen

Tofu, spinach, and tomatoes with spicy white balsamic vinegar sauce

This recipe is an adaptation from similar dishes I featured. I have a whole bottle of chile oil left over from the mango summer rolls so I am trying to incorporate the oil into my basic recipes. I say, the werider the better!

I marinated the tofu in my spicy sauce while I cut my veggies. I pan fried the tofu until golden brown and added the tomotoes and waited until they cooked down in size. I added the spinach and the marinade for the final touch. (The glory of meatless dishes is being able to re-use your marinade for sauces or try adding cornstarch for a thicker version of your marinade)

The marinade/sauce was equal parts white balsamic vinegar and olive oil, a few drops of chile oil, basil, garlic powder, and toasted almonds.

I have no idea if chile oil was made to go with balsomic vinegar but oh well, it tasted good to me.

No comments: