Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Vegans can eat muffins?!?!

Blueberry Muffins

I found this recipe on Vegweb.com because I really wanted to find a good easy recipe to satisfy my skeptical friends; they loved them by the way. I made this recipe a few times so I could work out the kinks.

I decided to use whole wheat flour. The finely ground kind makes them taste more like real muffins and the regular kind makes them taste more earthy. I also used 1 cup of flour instead of the half cup because they were just not sweet enough for me. I wanted to experiment with other ingredients so I added dark chocolate covered coffee beans (my all time favorite treat ever!!) to one muffin before I added the blueberries to the batter. It was soooo good I have to make more and try other foods in this batter. I am thinking bananas, raspberries, strawberries, almonds, peanuts, walnuts, or any combonation of those.

No comments: