Friday, July 28, 2006

Quinoa: the grain of the week


Grilled veggies over quinoa

I first heard of quinoa when I watched Super Size Me and Morgan Spurlock's girlfriend (who just so happens to be a vegan chef) fed him a dish containing quinoa for his "last supper". I highly recomend that movie to everyone. Quinoa contains 12 grams of protien for a 1/2 cup, making it a good choice for vegans.

I started out by boiling 2 cups of water to one cup of quinoa. I added the quinoa and let it cook until the water was gone (about 7 minutes).


The I grilled zuchini, eggplant, red and green peppers, and onion. I cut up all the veggies and added them to the quinoa and added a little bit of olive oil and slat and pepper.

Each individual plat was served over a bed of spinach.





















No comments: