Monday, June 26, 2006

Tofu: one million options and counting

Tofu, tomatoes, and Couscous

I love tofu. It takes on whatever flavor you cook it in and never gets boring. It seems to be the one food that can adapt to many dish and fit into anyone's taste. I use tofu almost everyday in some form or another and I never get tired of it. In this case the tofu picks up the tomatoes flavor.

For this tofu recipe, I put it in the cast iron pan that was coated with a little bit of canola oil. Then I sprinkled on my Chef Prudhomme Magic Seasoning Blends. I flipped the tofu when it was brown and then added the tomatoes. I added more seasoning, basil, and garlic powder. I cooked untill the tomatoes where soft and added it to the couscous. Simple, easy, yummy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi kate,

this is mingchern here.

saw the recipe on your blog and wondering what is Couscous???

I'm from singapore, and like you, i'm a huuuuuge fan of tofu!

i've officially named myself after it! ha! just kidding.

Btw, i've started this website at mingchern.com. It's dedicated to TOFU, so I'll be honoured if you can come to my website and post some of your delicious recipes there? thanks a million kate!

Cheers,
MingChern