Saturday, June 10, 2006

Fire up the grill, and throw on the tofu?

Grilled tofu over a simple green salad

Yup, I said grilled tofu. As you can see I love throwing anything on the grill I can get my hands on. Tofu is a meat alternative so it is only natural to test it out on the grill. Note the sweet grill marks.

Start by marinating the tofu in balsamic vinegar and sesame seeds for as long as you deem fit. Put it on the grill and grill each side for about 8 minutes each (you can do it for more or less time depening on your preference and your grill)

The salad can be made with what ever you have laying around. This one was made with lettuce, spinach, carrots,cucumber, and tomatoes (as you may have noticed, I have a lot of tomatoes on hand and I love them). Then I dressed it with balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper.







No comments: