Friday, June 09, 2006

Couscous with spinach and tomatoes

Couscous with spinach and tomatoes

I recently bought a cast iron pan and decided to try it out. I have never cooked couscous before so I decided to play around with it (10 grams of protein for one serving!).

I made the couscous in the microwave and added salt, pepper, and a splash of balsamic vinager. I cooked the spinach in the pan until wilted. That gives it a light crunch and ensures it will not be soggy when added to the couscous. I have been experimenting with different tomato dishes and I found that putting the tomatoes on foil in the toaster oven, and setting the oven to broil, cooks them fast and gives them very good flavor. I combined the spinach, couscous, and tomatoes in a bowl and added basil and garlic powder for seasoning. I think I might try it with some mushrooms and peppers next time. It's a pritty simple dish and good for protein.

No comments: