Monday, August 07, 2006

Grilled Summer Dinner

BBQ tofu with two kinds of grilled squash, purple green beans, and sweet corn

I went to the farmers market again on sunday and decided to use the great vegetables I got that day to make a fresh grilled sunday dinner.

I chopped some crooked neck squash, pattypan squash, purple green beans (they turn green when cooked), and corn that I broke in half and put them all in a bowl. I put on some olive oil, salt, and pepper and tossed.

I took some Annie's Natural Organic BBQ Sauce, which is the most amazing BBQ sauce ever, and slathered it all over a 1 inch slice of frim tofu. If you put some knife slits in the tofu it helps the sauce flavor go into it. Then I let that sit for about 30 minutes before grilling. The longer it sits the better (any time longer then 30 minutes of sitting should be done in the fridge. 24 hours is the best but anymore time after that is just insane)

Then I grilled every thing up and ate outside. Perfect night.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Yum! I love grilled veggies, but I haven't had them in a long time.

KleoPatra said...

BBQ tofu!!!! YEAH!