As a healthy vegan, I work out regularly and can not stress enough the importance of working out. I think healthy food and healthy living go hand in hand, so I would like to share my work out routine. It has changed a lot over the years, but this is what it is currently:
- Monday- Weight training, ab and leg workouts, and stretching/yoga
- Tuesday- Punching bag (it sounds weird, but it is a great cardio workout/stress release), running around my hilly street, stretching/yoga
- Wednesday- Weight training, ab and leg workouts, and stretching/yoga . Running at school for weekly track pre-season.
- Thursday- Punching bag, running, stretching/yoga
- Friday- Weight training, ab and leg workouts, and stretching/yoga
- Saturday- Punching bag, running, stretching/yoga
- Sunday- Running
I am interested to know what other people do to stay healthy and active. For any vegan athletes, this web site is really good http://www.veganfitness.net/.
Okay, back to the food. The weather is getting colder and colder so I pulled out my trusty chile recipe to warm me up. I also used one of my new cookbooks for the first time and made tempeh tacos. Wow, one whole month and all I have to show for it is two recipes. I cannot wait until summer...
I have finally perfected this recipe and it never fails me.
Original post with recipe here.
From the Student's Go Vegan Cookbook (by Crole Raymond).
This recipe came out amazing and yet was incredibly simple to make. I used toasted whole wheat pitas instead of taco shells and added some shredded lettuce and tomatoes.